OuterHeart Trailer #1 OuterHeart Trailer #1

Damn this style, why you so good, my man?

Subterranean Losers Subterranean Losers

Honestly, the first 30 seconds made me feel I was watching a 20 minute episode of an awesome cartoon! Then the sudden end hit and I laughed :D
What's funny is you can imagine a whole series based on this concept and art. Feels like watching Sublo & Tangy, great work!

Mosh-Bit-Cartoons responds:

Yeah my original idea was to have a more long-form one-off cartoon. But instead I'm going to do a mini-series of quick one-gag bits. A lot of thought went into the concept so I'm glad you're picking up on that!

Ask Frigid Drift #3 Ask Frigid Drift #3

Haha :D

Pivot Pilot DEMO Pivot Pilot DEMO

I like almost everything here :D I wish the puzzles were a bit more interesting but they're okay!

The basic problem is controls. And for me it's an okay game so far, but the controls make it feel like a failed jam experiment :(
As someone who works as a game designer:
1 - write the keys on the robot arms! Every time I want to do ANYTHING I struggle to remember what does what. Because the focus of the puzzle lies in understanding WHERE and HOW you should move your arms, and NOT in struggling to move them. More radical solution - switch between the current active arm/boy.
2 - there is nothing more frustrating than a skill check after a puzzle. At its core the game here is just sokoban - what pieces, when and where do I move them. By adding a skill element you're making me pass a skill check every time I want to move a piece. Not fun. And then every time I fail a skill check the whole puzzle resets. Not fun. One possible solution (because changing jumping will annoy your current fans) - reset only the piece that died. If orb dies - reset arms. If boy dies - reset boy. This way you have even more room for interesting puzzles.
3 - level design. I gave up playing on level 3. Because when I opened the barrier I realized I had to pass a skill check in operating the robot arms. I know exactly the solution to the puzzle. I know how to arrive at the solution. But the actual moving of the pieces in a tight corridor is so difficult it's frustrating and not fun. I'd focus more on the "what's the solution" and "how do I get there, what do I have to do and in what order". Every time I died I had to move the boy to the button AGAIN and AGAIN. I'd much rather ONLY move the orb to the end goal. I'd much rather do the challenge again, instead of the setup. Because I win at the setup every time and it gets boring, but I fail the challenge every time!
4- win screen. I'd add a super bombastic win screen when the player finally completes the level. Make him feel good about this.

I'd suggest to take a look at snakebird , thomas was alone, 1001 spikes and mushroom 11. Analyze why the feelings in Pivot Pilot are off. I'm buying Pivot Pilot right now, but please make an update where you address these issues, just so the game is more suitable for more people. I understand what you're going for. The thing is that the current balance between puzzle and skill makes the game way too frustrating for too many people. Fixing these issues doesn't take away from the enjoyment that current fans get, but allows more people to have fun!

I'd love to see more interesting content from you on twitter. I got my eye on you!

sleakku responds:

Thank you for the very helpful feedback! I will check into these issues.

The Sword and the Fox The Sword and the Fox

Quick fix for your problem and the reason people are hating this- if it's a bug with simulatenously displaying text and playing sounds like you wrote, then disable that sound. Nothing to think about and maybe your vision for this game will suffer but at least people will be able to play the game.

Even normal text should be 30% faster.

It's really good, but please fix it quickly!

megadrivesonic responds:

I have been working at fixing this issue with the text being slow. an update should be live soon to fix this.

oQo oQo

Nice concept for a puzzle game. It gets interesting when you introduce mouse control. I hope you can find something nice in this idea. The puzzles here are pretty good!
To change:
- Player thing should move 30% faster
- Should catch these glowies immediately (not after a delay, this delay adds nothing)
- Come up with a different control scheme. Should use only 2 keyboard buttons (left, right). Or entirely mouse based. Maybe it always moves. Maybe it moves to the mouse. Maybe when you drag mouse it moves. Either way, 4 buttons is just an annoyance and the idea to switch between 4 buttons and mouse clicks is really poor. It fits FPSs, not "simple minimalist puzzle games"
Cool idea, needs work!

oQo responds:

Thanks!
We're gonna think a lot about the control scheme, it looks like nobody manages to get it right :/

-Sinking Feeling- -Sinking Feeling-

Good! Again!

Aurora Theory (Preview) Aurora Theory (Preview)

HOW ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?!

A Billion Stars Will Die Today A Billion Stars Will Die Today

Hey I really enjoy your style! It sounds so ambient. Just finished listening to your other music, it's all pretty awesome, good job! :D

Nice matching title btw :o

BeyondTheBeyond responds:

Thanks mate =)

Metalgrounds Metalgrounds

I love the shading, good job! :D

Anluka responds:

And I love you baby boy, I would check out your games but my pc died :'(

Newgrounds in Metroidvania Newgrounds in Metroidvania

That's so cool, I could spent so long just looking around and recognizing the guys :D

ScepterDPinoy responds:

I'm sure you remember these characters. The NG user I remember was Drunkmagikoopa back in the day. I Mockery was my childhood.