Running out of Power Inc. Running out of Power Inc.

Good one Wombat!
I'm glad you're learning and expanding, not just sticking to tiny little mechanical timewasters.
There will always be people angry at you because you've made a thing "not specifically for them".
There are still people who think dark chocolate is terrible and nobody should like it because they don't like it. Incredible, childish and sad but that's what we have to deal with in the entertainment world. Managing people's expectations. What's the promise you're making to the players in the first 2 minutes of the game?

The game is fine, maybe a bit too hard sometimes, but it's a solid okay game. The main reason I like it as much as I do is because I've followed you on this journey, and it's impressive to see your progress. Good job :D

StuffedWombat responds:

oh thank you :)

I am not angry or sad bc people dont like what i do.
I very seldomly like it myself all that much :)

The thing about the pomise in the beginning is a very good tought!

Pivot Pilot DEMO Pivot Pilot DEMO

I like almost everything here :D I wish the puzzles were a bit more interesting but they're okay!

The basic problem is controls. And for me it's an okay game so far, but the controls make it feel like a failed jam experiment :(
As someone who works as a game designer:
1 - write the keys on the robot arms! Every time I want to do ANYTHING I struggle to remember what does what. Because the focus of the puzzle lies in understanding WHERE and HOW you should move your arms, and NOT in struggling to move them. More radical solution - switch between the current active arm/boy.
2 - there is nothing more frustrating than a skill check after a puzzle. At its core the game here is just sokoban - what pieces, when and where do I move them. By adding a skill element you're making me pass a skill check every time I want to move a piece. Not fun. And then every time I fail a skill check the whole puzzle resets. Not fun. One possible solution (because changing jumping will annoy your current fans) - reset only the piece that died. If orb dies - reset arms. If boy dies - reset boy. This way you have even more room for interesting puzzles.
3 - level design. I gave up playing on level 3. Because when I opened the barrier I realized I had to pass a skill check in operating the robot arms. I know exactly the solution to the puzzle. I know how to arrive at the solution. But the actual moving of the pieces in a tight corridor is so difficult it's frustrating and not fun. I'd focus more on the "what's the solution" and "how do I get there, what do I have to do and in what order". Every time I died I had to move the boy to the button AGAIN and AGAIN. I'd much rather ONLY move the orb to the end goal. I'd much rather do the challenge again, instead of the setup. Because I win at the setup every time and it gets boring, but I fail the challenge every time!
4- win screen. I'd add a super bombastic win screen when the player finally completes the level. Make him feel good about this.

I'd suggest to take a look at snakebird , thomas was alone, 1001 spikes and mushroom 11. Analyze why the feelings in Pivot Pilot are off. I'm buying Pivot Pilot right now, but please make an update where you address these issues, just so the game is more suitable for more people. I understand what you're going for. The thing is that the current balance between puzzle and skill makes the game way too frustrating for too many people. Fixing these issues doesn't take away from the enjoyment that current fans get, but allows more people to have fun!

I'd love to see more interesting content from you on twitter. I got my eye on you!

sleakku responds:

Thank you for the very helpful feedback! I will check into these issues.

The Sword and the Fox The Sword and the Fox

Quick fix for your problem and the reason people are hating this- if it's a bug with simulatenously displaying text and playing sounds like you wrote, then disable that sound. Nothing to think about and maybe your vision for this game will suffer but at least people will be able to play the game.

Even normal text should be 30% faster.

It's really good, but please fix it quickly!

megadrivesonic responds:

I have been working at fixing this issue with the text being slow. an update should be live soon to fix this.

oQo oQo

Nice concept for a puzzle game. It gets interesting when you introduce mouse control. I hope you can find something nice in this idea. The puzzles here are pretty good!
To change:
- Player thing should move 30% faster
- Should catch these glowies immediately (not after a delay, this delay adds nothing)
- Come up with a different control scheme. Should use only 2 keyboard buttons (left, right). Or entirely mouse based. Maybe it always moves. Maybe it moves to the mouse. Maybe when you drag mouse it moves. Either way, 4 buttons is just an annoyance and the idea to switch between 4 buttons and mouse clicks is really poor. It fits FPSs, not "simple minimalist puzzle games"
Cool idea, needs work!

oQo responds:

Thanks!
We're gonna think a lot about the control scheme, it looks like nobody manages to get it right :/

Agree to Agree Agree to Agree

This is a Political Choose Your Own Adventure. Do you want to be insulted by an asshole liberal or by an asshole conservative? Validate your political views and make the other side look stupid TODAY!

I understand the message you were trying to convey. You did the opposite. Everyone's experience playing this game - "I was just saying my opinions mildly and this crazy ____ got triggered. The OTHER SIDE really is crazy, they need to sort their issues."
Games like these don't make the situation better, don't make people kinder and don't change people's minds. They only validate views. Beliefs are cemented.

Same fault with "We Become What We Behold". Everyone sees it as an accurate representation of the evil OTHER SIDE. Both sides agree the OTHER SIDE is evil so the game gets popular. You can already see a review below where an impressionable child feels like this speaks to him - "oh this is definitely about liberals".

I used to like these games when I was a teen, but you make the polarization in society worse with a game like this.

JackAstral responds:

it's just saying that no matter what your opinion is, people are going to get mad at you. no matter how reasonable it is - you can't win. both sides have gone crazy and toxic

Rearmed Trials Rearmed Trials

Wow that's nice!
You've always made these polished black&white brawlers and they looked beautiful but had steering problems, there was always something off about them. But that's not the case here! Controls are fine and when I noticed I could hit stones to kill enemies I was amazed! Good job :D

A Tale of Colours A Tale of Colours

Controls should be more fluid. It's not obstacles that stand in my way, it's the character's movement.
It's a great game othwerwise!

Boss Slayer Boss Slayer

I like the fact that you don't waste players' time. Magnet and money upgrades don't matter but it was a fun ride.

Lone Survivor Demo Lone Survivor Demo

Every time I search for a map I'm reminded of silent hill. That's an interesting game. Definitely shows what horror games should be- no jump scares, just the creepy atmosphere.
Worth buying, engaging and well-made.

Mars Commando Mars Commando

It wasn't really challenging. 10 waves is just too much. It got boring on the 1st stage after 3rd wave.
I finished 2nd stage, started 3rd and saw there was nothing new, just another unit. It could be better.The game is there, but the unit management looks like it was still a prototype.